Re-opening for In-Person Services - May 20, 2020
I hope this message finds each of you doing well and having a great week.
As we have announced during Sunday Morning worship that last couple of Sundays, we are excited to be rejoining one another for in-person worship at Swiss Colony Baptist Church beginning this coming Wednesday, May 20, 2020. While we are excited to be able to once again join together for in-person worship, we also realize that many of you may be concerned about the precautions we’re taking and plans for worship.
With that concern in mind, we will be observing, in so far as possible, the recommended guidelines regarding our in-person worship services. If you are not familiar with the guidelines recommended by our government, you can find these guidelines at https://govstatus.egov.com/ky-healthy-at-work and https://www.cdc.gov/. Here are a few specific points we will be observing to protect our folks:
- We will be meeting in the sanctuary. While some of our sister churches have chosen to meet in gymnasiums/family life centers or other alternate locations to facilitate recommended social distancing parameters, our sanctuary provides sufficient space for us to do this given our government’s recommended guidelines. If necessary, we will utilize the family life center for overflow seating.
- We are planning to have hand sanitizer readily available in the sanctuary facility and plenty of hand soap available in our restroom facilities.
- As we did prior to suspending in-person worship services, we will continue with our temporary suspension of handshakes during our greeting time.
- We will temporarily suspend our church choir during regular worship services.
- We will continue to receive tithes and offerings on Sunday mornings, but we will change the method for how we receive them during service. We will share more details about this during service Sunday morning.
If you are sick, have been exposed to someone who is sick, or are running a fever of 100.5 degrees Fahrenheit or above (according to CDC guidelines), we ask that you remain at home and watch the live stream of our services. We will continue to live stream our services through Facebook live.
We will also postpone re-commencing our Sunday School and Wednesday night youth ministries. We will be sharing more information about these ministries in the future.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know and I will be glad to help. We look forward to seeing our church family again for in-person worship services beginning on Wednesday, May 20, 2020!
In Christian Love,
Dr. Jake Brock, Pastor
Swiss Colony Baptist Church