Sunday Services - March 15, 2020
Good afternoon, Church:
I pray that this message finds you safe, healthy, and doing well on this beautiful Friday. This is a reminder that we WILL be having our regularly scheduled services at Swiss Colony Baptist Church this Sunday (Sunday School at 10:00 a.m. EST and Sunday Morning Worship at 11:00 a.m. EST) and look forward to hopefully getting to see and worship with you this Sunday!
However, there are a few updates that we want our folks at Swiss Colony and those who plan to visit and attend with us to be aware of:
- If you are sick or think you may be in the process of getting sick, we encourage you to stay at home and focus on healing/recovering.
- If you are concerned about getting sick (especially if you are in a condition that makes you especially vulnerable to sicknesses going around at the moment), then we encourage you to stay home and avoid exposing yourself to sickness.
- If you are able to attend with us in person on Sunday, we want you to know that we will have hand sanitizer available for you to utilize in the sanctuary. As we always have during this and other times of year when disease is spreading in our communities, we encourage our members and guests to take advantage of this and use hand sanitizer frequently to avoid the potential spread of illness.
- While it is part of our nature and culture at Swiss Colony to shake hands and hug one another, during this period of preventative action to protect our people and avoid the spread of disease, we encourage members to avoid shaking hands and hugging and instead to just speak with others when greeting before, after, and during the service. As Christians, we know that we can express love in words as well as actions, and this temporary change in our method of greeting provides us with an opportunity to prove this point.
- As your pastor, I want you to know that our church’s leadership is actively monitoring the situation surrounding the coronavirus, flu, and other illnesses that are going around in our area and will continue to do everything possible to protect our church members (and especially our particularly vulnerable church members) while continuing to share the Gospel and minister to the needs of our people and our community. We seek and appreciate your prayers for healing and protection for one another, for wisdom for our church’s leaders and the leaders of our local communities, our state, and our nation, and for our sister churches as they also seek to make decisions to serve the Lord Jesus and protect, love, and serve their people.
As always, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will be glad to hear from you and to help in any way that we can.
“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
-2 Timothy 1:7
In Christian Love,
Dr. Jake Brock, Pastor
Swiss Colony Baptist Church